Your peace of mind is our priority
We know how important it is for you to be able to trust your cremation service provider. That’s why Hutchens Funeral Homes is the only provider in our area who can offer the Cremation with Confidence™ guarantee. This means we pledge to abide by a strict ethical code and perform the cremation according to an exclusive 10-step process.
This process is designed to:
- Treat your loved one with respect and dignity by assuring that your loved one never leaves our care.
- Provide a system of checks and balances, ensuring the cremated remains returned to you are those of your loved one.
- Offer your family the opportunity to celebrate the life of your loved one either before or after the cremation process.
To offer you additional peace of mind, we also own and operate our own private crematory. Some of the benefits of a private crematory include:
- We do not use any third-party contractors, which means from the moment your loved one enters our care at any of our funeral homes, they remain under the caring and professional supervision of our highly trained staff.
- We do not cremate for any anatomical services or cremate illegal drugs for law enforcement agencies like other St. Louis cremation services.
- We do not cremate pets in our facilities.
- Our crematory is managed and supervised by Gregory Stygar, a third-generation funeral director. He operates the crematory along with our CANA-certified or crematory manufacturer-certified crematory operators.
- You receive peace of mind from Personal Identity Assurance, which includes various procedures of the identification process, including an identification bracelet.
- We provide a tracking log to insure proper procedures are followed with dates and times recorded in each and every step of the process.
- You may provide identification of your loved one in a comfortable, private viewing room.
- You are even welcome to witness the cremation, if you wish.
- We treat your loved one with respect by dressing in a dignified garment.
- We will provide you with a quiet place to receive your loved one’s urn, and give you time to reflect, if you choose to do so.
- You are always welcome to tour our facility by appointment.